26 Jul 2007

Abby- a potted history

Hi, I'm Abby. Finally got a look in on the computer (Holly seems to have hogged it up until now).Anyway I started life on a travellers camp (not sure if tinkers or gypsies camp) until I was roughly six months old, along with many other lurchers. We were rescued by lurcher rescue and dispersed around the country to await assessment and rehoming. I was sent to EGLR who had me fostered out on a farm in Alvechurch, mom phoned Pippa at the rescue asking after another rescue lurcher. Having already taken on a rescue from them (Holly) mom was sent along to see the other dog, but she had been in a fight over some food and was laid up at the local vets being stitched back together, so she was shown myself and another lurcher. She picked ME and I have
played her up ever since (but no matter what I do she won't send me back) aren't I lucky? When mom first had me, once I knew I was attached, she would let me off to chase Harry around, but then I disappeared one day and Aunty Vic and Mom spent two hours searching the fields looking for me, I couldn't find them either so this nice man and his young son gave me a lift home in their 4x4 (lovely motor I could see everything around). I had also run off exploring a few times before that, but that was the longest. Mom doesn't trust me anymore so I go walkies on the lead all the time now (says she won't risk me being hit by a car or lorry- got no road sense you see. When I'm running I just run in one direction- no looking back- as fast as I can). When my photos start appearing some may show me wearing a muzzle- I'm not nasty- just can't resist eating anything. wood,sticks mouldy grass, mushrooms, toadstools, dandelions(the clocks are particularly yummy) frogs,snails, anything I can get in my mouth I will eat. so Mom says life is easier for her if I wear a muzzle, and safer for me! But I don't care I can still get the mouldy grass, I just scrape the muzzle on the ground and suck it in (have to wait till nobody is looking )
That is all for now,
catch you later
love Abby

5 comments:

Freda said...

Whoa, Abbys and Hollys,

What intereistn' doggie tails. I finallys got a link to your place that worked. Would have sniffed arounds earlier but I had my friend, Tule(s) visitin' for abouts 1,2 1,2 five lights.

I found your “Acquisition Histories” (My sec[retary] thinks he's sooo smarts. He still can't believes I'm the brains around here.) very interestin' and entertainin'. And you both are very prettys.

My dad and I reeeallys like the gypsies part, Abbys. My dad's family, in a galaxy fars, fars away, came from that part of the worlds where the Romas, or gypsies, used to roams. He thinks of himselfs as a bohémien 'gypsy'. Arf! Arf!

And Hollys, you don't look like you're skardys anymores. Now you have a big jobs keepin' Abbys out of troubles. And that sounds like a reeeallys big job.

I would reeeallys like to add you pups to my 'Paw Pals' list, if you don't minds. That would be soo neatos!

Bark at ya laters.

Wuufs!

Freda Ƨ

P.S. Please stay aways from that pope marie stuffs.

ABBY & HOLLY DOGS said...

Freda, we would love to be added to your impressive list of "paw pals" if you can squeeze us in that is. Could we add you to our small but hopefully growing list, please? Holly appreciates that you understand what hard work it is keeping me under control ( I don't think that I'm any trouble, I can't understand what she means myself)
Bark back soon
love
Abby and Holly

Katherine and Pippa said...

Hello you two.

Wow, what a wicked imp you are Abby.

But you have your mum and Holly to keep you out of trouble.

So p'raps one day you will be good like me (well, I'm sort of good).

Ruffs Pippa

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey Abby & Holly,

Welcome to www.dogswithblogs.com.au - it is great to meet you and I am sure you will make lots of new friends here :-)

Love
Opy

Kerrio said...

You do know that Tealeaf, Megan AND Cleo are all EGLR dogs don't you?

(And our bridge-dogs, Myrtle & Hobo)

Snogs to all

Kerrio & co